background

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bubbles, Basketball game,Surgery and Valentines Day!


I think this is one of the first times Emma has seen bubbles!  I know, shame on me!  She seemed to be a little scared of them at first but then loved them.IMG_5948
 These 2 love bubbles too.  Thursday’s are bubble bath days in mom’s jet tub.  They do pretty good but I still have to make sure we don’t have water and bubbles all over the floor as they tend to get a little crazy!!  Once a week bubble baths also helps clean out the jets in the tub because I don’t really use them.IMG_5954
 My friend Rachel had this adorable little owl shirt made for Emma and gave it to her for her birthday!  We got it a little big so she could wear it this summer too!IMAG0702 Also our friend Rachel gave us their tickets to the Alabama vs. LSU basketball game!  The kids had a blast.  It was a really fun family activity.IMAG0704 IMAG0705  Emma loves being on daddy’s shoulders and I love this goofy little grin she has going on!  The kids really behaved themselves and cheered on Alabama, which paid off cause we won!
 IMAG0708 IMAG0709 IMAG0710IMAG0706
My little man Grayson had his tonsils and adenoids taken out this past Monday!  He was so brave! IMAG0712
IMAG0714    IMAG0715These pictures are before his surgery, he found some silly Halloween teeth in the stroller and was being silly with them!







IMAG0716I don’t know what anesthesia does to kids but they wake up from that stuff so angry and feisty.  He was very mad that the iv was in his arm and tried very hard to get it off.  It broke my heart to see him so upset and crying and then trying to wrestle with him trying to keep him from pulling the iv out was quite the challenge.  He is 42lbs and is very strong.
 IMAG0717 IMAG0718
I know these are kind of gross but it is something that you might see in a biology book and the ENT gave me the picture which i didn’t request.  So this is tonsils and adenoids.




Poor baby, he got sick 2 times after surgery and wasn’t in the mood for pictures.  He slept till 3pm then he was pretty much normal the rest of the week.  I gave him his pain medicine every 4 hrs the first day and then he didn’t have any until Thursday night, he woke up crying saying his throat hurt. 
IMG_5955
He is one brave little boy!  He has been bouncing off the walls and has done well with eating soft foods…for the most part.  We have let him have a few questionable things but all is well.  IMG_5956
He should be good and well to go back to school next week.  He is a trooper!
IMAG0723
And last but not least…Happy Valentines Day!  We had a busy week so valentines day was a blur.  I was in charge of cupcakes for Kennedy’s school party so Grayson, Emma, and I headed up to the school and enjoyed the party.  Clay had to work but we met up with him and ate lunch then we ended the day with the kids getting to pick out something special at Target for valentines day b/c mom just didn’t get around to it this yr.  This has been our busy week.  I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy...How many times did Grayson get strep throat??? I remember him getting it a few times while you lived here, and what lead to you getting his tonsil and adenoids removed?? I am just worried about Addy, I am just crossing my fingers that she does not keep getting it, she has had it twice already,That had to have been a RUFF time for you as well...I hope the poor little mister is doing better this next week...You kids are getting so big...We sure miss you around here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. he had it around 4 times since we have been here in Alabama. The ENT said he was at the quota for having them removed but that he had not had it so many times that he had to remove them so he left it up to us weither or not to have them removed. Clay had strep as a kid a ton of times and the ENT said that it is passed down so I said lets just get them out so we won't have to deal with it when he is in school. He was a real trooper. kids are resilient and they bounce back so fast so having them out now was the better option for us. Good luck with addy, personally I think its better to get it over with if she needs them out. He has had a few nights that he has woken up crying that his throat hurt and we give him his pain meds and he is fine. R you going to time out for women next mth.?? I am going so i will c you there if you go!

    ReplyDelete