Sometimes I think I have got to have the funniest kids around!
Grayson is very headstrong but he is so funny and goofy, he makes me laugh and cry at the same time.
He wanted to play with his sharks in my utility sink so we filled it up. It kept him busy for a while!
He dumped my pool bag and grabbed his green goggles and played away!
This boy makes parenting fun sometimes and other times I want to ring his neck.
This past Wed(a wk ago today), Kennedy had gone to bed and I came in her room to get Emma's pjs and she said she had done something at school that day but she didn't want to tell me!
I said well what did you do? She proceeded to tell me that she had stuck something in her ear, popcorn she said... so I asked if it was still in there and she said yes.
I then grabbed a flashlight and looked at she was right it was still there. So clay and I tried to figure out a way to get it out.
Clay tried sucking it out with our vacuum and it didn't work.
We even put a little olive oil in her ear to lubricate it...didn't work!
Clay came up with some kind of contraption that consisted of a medicine dropper, a small plate and the vacuum...it was a great idea but...it didn't work!
After a couple of hrs of all these ideas, we gave up and waited till the next day!
Can you see his contraption! Pretty cool huh?
He put the vacuum up to the plate and put the medicine dropper in her ear and sucked away!
We ended up taking her to the ENT the next day where he too tried using an ear vacuum to try to get it then he used some kind of sharp instrument or tweezers and somehow he got it out!
It took all of 10 mins and 210$ later and she was popcorn free!
This visit caused a little bit of a problem b/c our health insurance hasn't been processed yet so we are in the in between process so it was complicated!
Here is the little round, smooth, popcorn that came out of her ear!
What she was thinking when she did it is beyond my comprehension! She did it and her teacher saw her holding her ear and she said it felt a little warm so she sent her to the nurse and obviously the nurse didn't look in her ear and sent her back to her room.
She never complained to me when she got home, I never noticed any unusual behavior from her and I guess she decided to tell me that night.
Oh the joys of parenthood!
Emma feel asleep on Clay the other night with him working on the computer! Face down in his shirt.
My little Emma cut her second bottom tooth this past Sunday, the 9th. Look at her other tooth shining, it is quite sharp too!
Clay was hanging Kennedy's stuff up on her walls and Emma was playing with Kennedy's barbies!
Emma playing with the mermaid, she was occupied for a while!
Then leave it to big brother to attack her. He just can't resist!
I was surprised how close Kennedy was letting Grayson sit with her.
They were watching a movie we rented from Red box. She looks so happy huh!
I can't believe Kennedy had a kernel in her ear!! That girl is crazy. Ellie loves playing with barbies too, anything that isn't a "baby" toy. Good luck with the insurance, y'all have really bad luck with that!
ReplyDeletewe have our insurance card now...all we have to do is give it to the ENT office and it should be covered! We still havn't heard anything from baptist? No bill or anything, so hopefully they are eating it themsleves!
ReplyDeleteI love the goggle picture. So cute. I also love the yellow polkadot skirt(tess has it too) I am glad you got that resolved and got the kernal out of her ear. How scary, but Clay is very inventive.
ReplyDelete