background

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Visitors

My mom and dad came up Friday night to visit over the long labor day weekend!
Saturday we got up and us girls (me, mom, Kennedy and Emma) took off to Hobby Lobby.
I think any woman could stay in that store forever. 
Unfortunately it was pouring down rain and I wore long jeans that were soaked by the time I got into the store.
We browsed around for about 2 hrs, looking at different craft ideas for my mom to do since she is the new relief society president at church. 
We grabbed a few things to work on and headed home.
The boys (Clay, Dad, and Grayson) went to the golf store and to Lowes to get a celling fan for the upstairs room.
We decided to have a cookout and invited my sister and her family since they are so close.
The kids seemed to get along pretty well and we cooked out hamburgers, hotdogs and brats.  They came down and we all had a great family time.  We were just missing my brothers and their families.
 
 
 I love this picture of Emma grabbing my dad's face.
 
 
This is my inital in Alabama colors!
I have made a few of these sort of things.
 
Later that night after the cookout mom and I headed out again to the Dollar Tree and Dollar General to get a few other things to make these:
 
It took like 5 mins to glue these together.  Lots of people have made these and I think they are fun.
We also made some magnets out of the clear rocks you can by at dollar tree...they turned out pretty cute too!
We were busy!
 This little lady has a wild streak!  She looks like her finger got stuck in the socket.

 She didn't feel well all weekend, she had a runny nose, cough and some congestion.
Although she wasn't feeling well she was in good spirits.
You would think that she would be more of a momma's girl but this weekend she let my mom rock her to sleep several times and she let her hold her with me around!
My mom very much enjoyed taking care of her!

 Grayson loves making funny noises that make her smile and make us cringe!  LOL  He is always making some kind of crazy noise.
She loves him still...for now anyway!

Emma is trying to pull-up on EVERYTHING!  I think it was like a 2 wk period that she got on her knees, sat herself back up, and trying to pull up all at the same time!  She is just growing so fast!
I got this little hat on clearance at target and I thought it was so cute, especially on a cute little girl!

4 comments:

  1. Emma is so cute, I love her crazy hair!
    Good work on the crafts! I miss our craft nights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know marji, I miss crafting with my girls! girls night will not be the same ever again! That makes me sad.:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the crafts. The closest Hobby lobby is an hour a way from me. I am in withdrawls. I am glad you had visitors. That Emma is soooo cute. Tess still talks about you and Pam and your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey leslie this tammy east i love your blog.

    ReplyDelete