background

Friday, August 24, 2012

What a crazy day!!

Since Clay bought me a bike I'm pretty sure we are the talk of the neighborhood as we go through the streets in our neighborhood!
 
I can't help but think it because of this crazy looking dog that politely sits in the basket on the front of my bike!
 
He seems to enjoy the wind blowing through his hair as I sweat and pedal hard to keep up with my 6yr old and 4 yr old that are pros on their bikes!
 
I have actually really enjoyed bike riding even though I could not tell you the last time my rear has been on a bike...it seriously hasn't sat on one since childhood!  REALLY!! 
 
The other day while Clay and Emma were napping I took the kids and Jazzy on a ride...instead of the kids riding their bike they wanted to relax and ride in the trailer behind my bike!
I took the task on knowing my legs would feel like jelly legs when we got back home...if we got back!!  :)
On the other side of our neighborhood there is a big hill that the kids love going down so away we went to the other side of the country to free fall down this hill.
The hill was nice but getting to that point wasn't the easiest especially with 2 kids and a dog in the trailer you are desperately trying to pull while being very much out of shape!
We made it down the hill and started back towards the house and we got to the central park in our neighborhood and were about a 2 blocks from our house and I told the kids I was tired and that they might have to get out of the trailer so they did and they began pushing the trailer!  I just put my jelly legs up and let them push for a few seconds then they got back in and we made it home!
I have had so much fun riding with them and for them and I think they have enjoyed us joining in on something they love to do!  Bike riding!!
 
 

 
 
Something our kids love doing now that we have our own mailbox right by our house is getting the mail!  I just hope that it always makes its way to the house especially if its bills!  Since we got so many and I have to have the statement in order to pay them!




This picture will forever be a memory!!  My Kennedy now is a bus rider!!  She loves the bus (so far)! 
Our bus picks up in our neighborhood last and drops off first...it gets to my house in the morning around 7:35-7:40 and in the afternoon it gets here right around 3:00. 
Who can beat that!!??  In the morning her bus picks up elementary and middle school b/c they are right beside each other!  And in the afternoon the bus only has elementary kids on it! 
I have never been pro bus b/c I know that alot can happen on a bus and its usually negative things!  But Kennedy really wanted to this yr and because our place was the last and first, I decided to let her do it...she is literally on the bus maybe 10 mins!  I just hope nothing ever happens in those 10 mins!
 I took this pic today of her bus rounding the corner b/c I wanted to get a pic of her getting off of it this afternoon since the first time she rode it I had my camera but forgot to put the memory card back in it and I couldn't get a pic!  My bad!!
The bus stopped at our house(see Grayson and the back of my land yacht) but Kennedy didn't get off!!!  UGGG  the things that can go through a mothers head!!  I searched the bus, I literally got on the bus and looked for her and she wasn't there!
I had just put Emma down for her First nap today...yep she can go all day with only 1 nap.  So I walked to my sweet neighbors house and asked her to sit with Emma while I ran to the school!  I ran to the school and there she was, waiting on me in the car pick up line!  I got out and asked her how she was suppose to get home b/c we talked about it this morning and then I realized that the teacher and I had a miscommunication about how she was suppose to get home.  I think we got it straight now!
What a day! 


 These are my bar stools that Clay built me!  They have already been well used by the kids!
This is where they eat breakfast and most of the time lunch!
 

You can't see it very well but they have a zebra like finish to them!  They look brown here but they are stained black!
Thanks Clay for your mad wood working skills!!

2 comments:

  1. love the stools Clay made, they look awesome! that is great Kennedy can ride the bus, saves you a lot of time! miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really do love it here but I love my friends in Ar more! It just sucks...bitter sweet! If we only had this great job in Ar and push us a little closer to MS it would be perfect. I guess I can't get everything I want! We will have to plan a girls trip once a yr!

    ReplyDelete