background

Monday, July 23, 2012

Week at Gammie and Pawpaws

Mississippi Bound!


Every year my mom takes off a week of work and has the grandkids come to her house to visit.  She started this when my neice Kyndall was 18 mths old and has continued each year since.  I really don't think she knew what she was getting herself into...8 yrs later she has 7 grandkids and one on the way ( my brothers baby boy, not mine!!)  only 5 are old enough to stay but it is quiet overwhelming with those five.  I usually go down to help mom because Grayson and my nephew Nicholas don't get along at all!!  And having 5 kids is not easy for a grandparent to deal with!
We had a week filled full of energy, bumps, bruises, fights, laughs, skint knees, arguing, crying, squeeling, and stress!! The week is over and mom says every year that she won't do it again and somehow she always convinces herself to do it again!!  Im done, Im not going down to help anymore!  Its just too stressful to have all of them together without all the parents involved!

Some of the things that we did was: 
Monday:  mom and I ran to town for about 4 hrs( our little getaway from all of the kids except Emma)
Tuesday:  mom had dr apt, leslie took all 6 kids to park in town(yes I'm crazy)..it was hotter than h---!
we cancelled the movie that afternoon b/c we would have to wait another hr in the heat before it started!  Kids went home and swam!  And had a bon-fire with smores and hotdogs and hamburgers!
Wednesday:  We went to visit Clay's family then when we got back the kids swam!!
Thursday:  Took kids to the movie (Ice Age 4)  bought 1 large popcorn and 1 large drink and divided it among 5 kids and 5 adults (we brought cups and ziplock bags)
Friday:  My aunt and my cousin and her 3 kids came to visit...whats 3 more kids at this point!!!  :)
I helped my sister in law get ready for my nieces 1st BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!  HAPPY BDAY ALLI!!  It was a success!!  She wasn't in the mood but it was really cute and we did smores for the 2nd time this week!! 
Saturday:  SWEET SATURDAY!!  Time to go home and re-coop from the week!!

Here is some pictures from this week!!  The pics are not great because they are from my cell phone!
Grayson fell asleep on the way to MS
Emma found her toes



Daddy and Emma napping

My nephew biting his toenails!!
My sweet Emmas smile



The tooth fairy traveled to MS to get Kennedy's first tooth


My bamboo shades came in!!  YEAH


Emma and her new tongue thing

Every 5mins I am asked "can I hold her"


Emma has started sucking her thumb but she isn't really consistent with it


Gammie and #6 (grandbaby that is)

Uncle Joe did smores at his house 2 times for these monkeys!!
They love smores and it was fun!!


We visited Clays family (mammaw britt)


Mawmaw Ann(clay's mom)


Pawpaw Britt


Pawpaw Don(he is so great with the kids and they love him!!!

SMORES!!!




4 comments:

  1. looks like a fun and busy week! my mom just has the girls then the boys for a sleepover and that wears her out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am worn out and I am much younger than my mom. I for sure think its time to quit and use your vacation time "MORE WISELY"!! She needs a vacation after her "vacation" with the kids! I need to call you cause I need some more info on how to do this blog thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we got to see y'all. I loved snuggling with sweet Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we enjoyed seeing you guys too!! Come visit us anytime, we would love for you to come a stay with us!

    ReplyDelete