Baby #3
On Jan 30 2012, Monday we went into the hospital (St. Vicent Hospital Little Rock, AR) to be induced! We had to be there around 5:30am. Oh and by the way I am not a morning person!
After the induction was started my Dr (Dr Matthew Sellers), came in around 9:30 to check on me and break my water! He also told my nurse I could get my epidural whenever I was ready! Im ready!! I wanted the epidural so I could get a little rest !
Dr Sellers said he would hopefully see me around lunch to deliver me! Around 10am my nurse started getting a little nervous and told me that I had gone from a 6 to a 10 and to not move, sneeze or push until the Dr got there.
She contacted Dr Sellers and he was there around 10:30, I pushed a couple of times and delivered our sweet baby Emma at 10:36am. She was a super easy delivery!
Emma is perfect! She had a little difficulty keeping her body temperature where it was suppose to be for a new born so they had to keep her under a heater for a little! My mom was really worried b/c at one time there were 3 nurses hovered over Emma talking and checking her out and it was because her temperature was low then when she checked it again it had spiked so she called some nurses in to make sure everything was ok!
Emma was ok, the thermometer wasn't working right I guess. She did continue to have a little difficulty keeping her body temperature up and they had me check it often while we were still in the hospital!
Emma's cord blood showed that she was coombs positive which from my understanding was because I carried the Big E antibody. She was jaundice at birth, it was at a 12 then it went down to 8 when we were discharged and we had to take her to the ped clinic first thing in the AM.
She weighed 8lbs 8ounces
She was 20 3/4 inches long (I think)!
Daddy and her brother and sister are so proud!
Daddy admiring her hair!! LOL
She is like her momma, she already loves to have her hair played with. It just relaxes her!
I love being a mommy of a little one again! I sure did miss it!
My mom and dad came down the Friday before we had Emma to watch the other 2 kids while we were in the hospital. We showed them how to get to the kids schools, and other places which was an overload for my mom. I think I confused her b/c I was telling her so much!
We went home on Tues afternoon. Clay went home after lunch to get the kids from school and get things settled for them and my mom stayed with me until they released us around 6
When we went to the clinic to get a jaundice check the Dr said that if it had doubled from yesterday she would be admitted into the hospital for photo therapy. A couple of hrs after we had gotten home we received the phone call that it had in fact doubled and that she was being admitted into Baptist Hospital in Little Rock.
I was very upset because my mom and dad had just left that morning and clay was suppose to go back to work and we had 2 other kids to juggle.
Emma and I went to Baptist with it raining and pouring outside. It was Feb 1, they got us admitted and started the photo therapy under the Billi lights! They told me to only get her out every 4 hrs to nurse her. I went by that rule the fist day but then if she cried I took her out and nursed her or held her to calm her!
It was hard being in the hospital again b/c I couldn't leave the room to do anything so Clay would bring the kids to visit everyday until they got out of control. Clay came once to let me go home for a little to shower and spend time with the kids! Kennedy wasn't handling the whole situation very well.
Emma was in the hospital from Feb 1-Feb 3, 2012. We were released and had to get her little heal pricked several times to make sure the jaundice was going down or stabilized.
She actually slept pretty good under the Billi lights, she was nice and warm!
We finally were home and the kids couldn't keep their hands off of her!
Kennedy wants to hold her non stop! She loves being a big sister
Emma is a very easy baby, she is so sweet!
She does like to be held! she likes to snuggle and this nap nanny seat doesn't snuggle with her like mommy does!
| This Kennedy's outfit...Emma's first time swinging! She fell asleep! |
It was fun to have a review of that day. I hated to see you stuck in the hospital again. that was so crazy, but she looks so cute with that little mask on under the bili lights.
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys.
oh I know the memories of that day came flowing back. I remember being on the phone with you crying out of control. I had just had a baby, my hormones were crazy, I had no rest, I had 2 other children, and they tell me my baby has to go back to the hospital...it was an overwhelming day and I am thankful that you were there to listen to me sob that day! Your a great friend! We miss you guys more than you know!
Delete