background

Friday, July 27, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation!!

Graduation!!

Bryant Elementary school had a little ceremony for the kindergartners graduating this year.  Emma and I were able to make it and it was toooo cute!  I enjoyed seeing Kennedy's face light up because we were in the audience.  It was probably because I had Emma and she absolutely loves her baby sister!




Kennedy getting ready for her name to be called



 Getting her diploma



 She is so proud!  And so am I!!



 She looks like she is ready to go!



 All smiles now!  I love this picture



 Kennedy and some of her friends from school.  Brecca Lynn(red head) and Laken is in the yellow.




Kennedy and her favorite teacher Mrs Hillary Fricke



Kennedy in her room doing her work, I think it was a journal about graduation



This is Logan, she is one of Kennedy's friends too.



Me and my sweet Kennedy



Kennedy had a great year in school.  I was kinda wanting to home-school her at first just so I could protect her and shelter her from the world.  I am glad that I didn't because Mrs Fricke has been an amazing teacher and she was really great for Kennedy.  Kennedy always hugged her and even called me Mrs Fricke a few times and she also told me once she wanted Mrs Fricke to be her mom.  She adored her teacher.  In January I was a little concerned with Kennedy going to Kindergarten because she was struggling with recognizing her letters and didn't know the sounds but by the time school started she was interested in learning them and she did great.

Mrs Fricke was the teacher who evaluated Kennedy during Kindergarten registration and I told her my concerns and she put my mind at ease when she told me that was the reason for Kindergarten and that she would learn.  At that moment I knew I wanted her to be Kennedy's teacher and I even requested her even though they said they didn't take request.  I guess it worked!

Kennedy did extremely well this year.  She had a few bumps in the road especially in math (that obviously comes from me).    She did well with site words and toward the end of school she had homework which she loved and she had spelling test every Friday!  She only missed 1 usually but I can't blame her if she can't spell...again she gets it from me!

We are going to repeat her in kindergarten since we will be in a different state.  The school is really good in Alabama and because Kennedy didn't struggle academically she might be bored and they said that they could move her to 1st grade.  She has a late bday so she is immature and tends to do whatever other kids want her to do, good or bad!  I want her to make good choices and be a leader not a follower so I am hoping that doing Kindergarten again will help! 

I have had many people ask why I would do that to her and others understand my view, so even now I am torn between repeating K or just letting her go!  I know for a fact that I am doing 2 yrs of PreK 4 with Grayson because his bday is in May too!  She will be the oldest in her class and later down the road she will be one of the first to get her drivers licence and stuff like that.  More than anything I want her to stand up for herself and not do what others what her to do but to do what she has been taught to do!


If you have any suggestions let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had a total flashback to Vicente Valdez when I saw your daughter's face close up! I can't believe how much she looks like you! Crazy beautiful little girl! In regards to the repeat decision, I think you should do whatever you feel is right. You're the mom and you have the Spirit and a divine ability to know more than any other mom could know... just pray about it and do it!

    ReplyDelete